Tuesday 15 January 2019

The blossom is spent...

A Masked Weaver (Ploceus velatus) in an Acacia karoo

Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature ― the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter. 

And there’s something so absolutely pleasing about a bunch of carrots with tops on! Maybe it’s the thought of pulling them out of the ground. As I stood there looking down at the carrots, thunder rumbled its way into the distance, and then the rain came, dropping words to the ground all around me. 

The blossom is spent and the trees are now all clothed in fresh green. Nature is throbbing with the sound of summer, a loud bird chorus. I feel the warmth of the sun on my shoulders and I feel at peace. If I had a song that I could sing for you, I’d sing a song to make you feel this way.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...